The summer months may be coming to an end soon, but it doesn’t look like the heat is fading any time fast. Selling season is receiving an extension, and there are several things you can do to keep your listing looking fresh and attract the attention of potential buyers while your competition starts to fizzle out. If your home has been sitting on the market for a while, consider some of the obvious items that may be keeping it from locking in a buyer. When you are selling your house in the summer time, prepare and maintain the exterior of your home:
- Keep your lawn tidy with regular mowing.
- Water your lawn regularly, or install a simple sprinkler system to avoid the “sun scorched lawn” look.
- Trim bushes and shrubs and regularly pull weeds.
- If your home hasn’t had mulch replaced this year, consider a fresh top coat or replacement of mulch in flower beds. It’s an affordable way to make a huge impact in your curb appeal.
- Touch up peeling exterior paint anywhere applicable. Decks, patios, stairways, siding.
- A quick power wash of siding, patios, and stairs can make your home look years younger.
- Paint or clean your front door.
- To make a big splash, consider sealing your driveway.
- Stage your outdoor areas. Let potential buyers visualize future entertainment by adding an outdoor grill, fire pit, or patio furniture.
Pro-tip: Keep that A/C going strong. When a potential buyer steps out of the summer heat and into your home, they want to be greeted by a comfortable, cool temperature. A higher electric bill this summer is well-worth the higher dollar offer coming in on your home.
Most importantly, make sure your Kathy Helbig Group / Experience Realty Partners realtor has done a thorough walk-through of your home. They are specially trained to spot the details that will make the biggest impact for potential buyers, and put together a manageable action plan bring in offers quick.